Setting Up An FTP Server
You can setup an ftp server by using FileZillas free ftp server software available for download from:
Then Easily Upload files to the FTP server using Fling. Available for download from:
- Double click the FileZilla_Server-0_9_57.exe file to instal the FileZilla server
- Agree to the license terms.
- Click Next for a standard installation.
- Select your preferred service startup and click next.
- Choose how the interface is started then click finish.
- On the 'Connect To Server' dialogue put in an Admin password that you will remember for making changes to the server.
- Tick the option to always connect to this server then push OK.
- You should now be looking at the FileZilla program. If not double click the FileZilla Ican on your desktop to start configuring your ftp server.
Setting Passive FTP
- Click Edit -> Users to open the user configuration.
- Click the Add button and enter a Username, then tick the Password option and enter a password that the user will use to connect.
- Click the Shared Folders Link on the left, then the Add button below the Shared Folders section to add a folder that the users can see when they log onto the server.
- Lastly check the Read, Write, and Delete options are ticked so the user can access, add and delete files.
- Then push OK to finish the setup.
- NCH's products use the passive ftp method for retrieving files.
- Click Edit -> Settings -> Passive Mode Settings to set the passive ports that FileZilla will issue.
- Tick the 'Use custom port range' option and select a range of ports you want to use.
- This port range needs to be added to the windows firewall in the exceptions list.
- If the Filezilla server is running, but you still cannot get a connection to the server, please check your router/modem configuration is allowing communication through port 21.
- Also add the Passive port range that you set in FileZilla into your router/modem to allow connections on those ports.
Related NCH Software Products