WavePad loads file but audio wave form is not displayed and file has no sound
The software appears to load an audio file, but there is no wave form displayed on the WavePad window, just a flat green line, and the file has no sound when played.
When WavePad loads a file it keeps a copy of the working audio (in full quality 32 bit) in its Audio Working Folder for fast editing and processing. By default this working folder is located in the Application Data folder of the user of the computer that WavePad is installed on - for example, 'C:\Documents and Settings\my_user_name\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\WavePad'.
If you are running out of hard drive space on your C: drive you can change this Audio Working Folder to be some other folder on a different hard drive or hard drive partition.
- Select 'Tools -> WavePad Options' from the menu bar, or click the 'Options' button on the tool bar.
- Select the Audio Processing tab in WavePad's Options.
- In the Audio Working Folder section enable the "Use this specified folder" option and then click the rectangular button to browse to the location of the folder that you intend using as the working folder.
- Click the OK button on the Browse For Folder window when you have selected the folder, and then the OK button on the Options window to apply that selection as the new Audio Working Folder.
- Load the audio file that is to be edited into WavePad again.