Upgrading the IVM software from version 2.xx to version 3.xx
Upgrading from an older version of the IVM to the latest version is more complex than it has been in the past. The reason for this is that the latest version has changed the location where it stores its data.
IVM 2.xx and earlier used the following folders: C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM .
IVM 3.xx uses: C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM
The aim is to copy all files from the old folder to the new one.
- Find your old ivmsetup.exe file and rename it with the correct version name - for example ivmsetup240.exe.
- If your ivr structure is complex then save it as a .ivr file. This step is not essential but is an additional precaution.
- Backup the folder C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM - i.e. make a copy of this folder and all of its contents and save the copy elsewhere on your hard drive. The contents of this folder will be required after you upgrade to IVM version 3.xx in order to restore your existing IVM setup (OGMs, Mailboxes, settings, etc.) on the new software. It will also be needed if you want to restore the old version of IVM.
- Find and print out your old registration (name, location, id and key).
How to Upgrade
- Download the new version from our website and run the setup file.
- Exit the IVM.
- Go to the backup copy you made earlier of the folder C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM and copy the folders and files inside it to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM. This is required to take your settings and OGMs across.
- Run the IVM
- Test your setup.
Will a further Payment be required ?
- If you purchased version 2.* within the last 3 months you do not need to purchase an upgrade. If it was more than 3 months ago you might have to upgrade (it depends on your ID). Upgrade pricing is at www.nch.com.au/upgrade.
- You will receive 14 days free trial on the new version . At the end of that period you will be required to decide whether an upgrade is warranted.
How to revert to the old version
There are two options :
- Run you original setup file ( for example ivmsetup240.exe ) or
- Copy the backed-up folder back into C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\IVM
If you have a complex setup then some of the pathways used by the plugins might need to be changed . Some of the .ivr examples on our website have been built around our old version and might need to be modified for version 3.*.