Access Violation or other crash reported in nevideohd.ax, NeQTDec.ax, NDParser.ax
Express Burn has just crashed and this was caused by the third
party codec nevideohd.ax, NeQTDec.ax, NDParser.ax.
These are part of
Nero but can also be installed by the K-Lite codec pack and by QuickTime
Alternative. These crashes can be caused by
- bug in the filter, especially for old versions trying to be used
under Windows Vista
- conflicts where several versions are being used (say by Nero itself
and also by a codec pack)
To fix this issue
- Please upgrade your installation of whatever you have installed of
Nero, K-Lite or QuickTime Alternative. It is possible these are also
installed by other codec packs (say CCCP)
- Disable the filter for the current use of Express Burn or Prism. Open
a command prompt
- Windows XP, Start Menu, select Run and type cmd
- Vista, Start Menu and type cmd.exe in the search box where you see
'/Start Search/'. In the list above right click on cmd.exe and pick Run
regsvr32 /u nevideohd.ax
regsvr32 /u NeQTDec.ax
regsvr32 /u NDParser.axnote: Please don't just copy this example text but set your own path to your *.ax files.
You should only disable the filter that actually crashes.
You can re-register it using