|Home | Download | Support | Products | SiteMap|
How do I ascertain whether SoundTap is recording?
Look for the following sequence of commands in the dark blue background status panel in the lower portion of the main SoundTap window:
1. If recording from a manually-cued source such as a CD or streaming source click on 'Start Recording' button before the 'Play' button in playback source.
SoundTap Recorder enabled <--- at the top of the status box (resize window vertically if necessary)
2. If recording from a a headset or microphone make sure you change your Input Device in 'Options' to headset or microphone (you must restart SoundTap for the change to be made).
Click on 'Start Recording' button
To test this, note the yyyy-mm-dd hhmmss in the status message and follow the below checklist:
1. Select Options in the toolbar along the top of the SoundTap window --> SoundTap Settings window opens.
If the file exists in the list, the recording was successful and SoundTap is configured correctly. If not, please follow the applicable of the two courses of action below:
* If Options --> Output=MP3, change it to wave (aka WAV) and repeat the test recording. If a WAV test recording succeeds where an MP3 test recording fails, download and install mp3el.exe from www.nch.com.au/components then attempt a test recording in MP3 again. If the recording fails again, contact NCH Support.
* If Options --> Output=wave, please ensure your audio playback device is configured to use DirectSound: SoundTap Recorder. If this is so, and recording attempts still fail, contact NCH Support.
Try SoundTap Streaming Audio RecorderDownload SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder free. Seeing and using the software first hand can answer most questions
|Top Product Categories||Most Popular Programs||
Top | Back to SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder | Privacy | Legal | Home
© NCH Software