I am experiencing delays or stuttering when talking
The quality of the audio is affected by:
- The quality and speed of your internet connection.
- Other programs on your computer or network hogging network usage.
- Your ISP (some ISPs are poor for connection latency).
- The quality of the connection and equipment on the other side of the call.
- Change ISP or get a faster internet connection.
- Use a different "Quality / Bandwidth" setting using the Express Talk Settings. Adjustments could be made on either side of the call.
- If the other side is not Express Talk (eg. it is an IP-Phone) select a different preferred codec on that other device if it lets you. GSM 6.10 is recommended codec for lower bandwidth scenarios.
- If you are making internet-to-internet calls use a service provider who has servers near your. See talk/sip.html for recommended companies.
Back to Express Talk Technical Support