Free VST Effects
Recommended Free VST Plugins for WavePad
WavePad Audio Editor
has integrated VST plugin support, giving you access to thousands of additional tools and effects that are available. Below is a list of recommended free VST plugins that you can download and use in WavePad on your PC to further enhance your audio editing projects.
For more information on how to use these VST effects see:
How to download and use VST Effects in WavePad Sound Editor.
Reverb and Echo EffectsName: Ambience
Type: Reverb Effect
Download URL: http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/#Ambience OR http://www.smartelectronix.com/~magnus/files/ambience-demo-win-vst-2003-10-25.zip
Company: Smart Electronix
Description: Ambience is a reverb that rivals the quality of the best commercial reverbs. You are free to decide yourself how much you want to pay for it, and when.
Name: PSP PianoVerb
Type: Reverb Effect
Download URL: http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/reverbs/psp_pianoverb/index.html
Company: PSP Audio
Description: Reproduces a special kind of reverberation originally provided by piano strings. It generates reverberation using twelve string operators with adjustable damping and decay time. Each of them is tuned to a particular note starting from A(55Hz) to a G#(103.8Hz). The PSP PianoVerb string system can be transposed in the range of +-24 semitones, tuned within a range of +-100 cents and be detuned as well.
Type: Reverb Effect
Download URL: http://www.voxengo.com/product/oldskoolverb
Description: This is a reverb unit VST plugin suitable mainly for instruments and sounds which do not have sharp percussive elements to them, otherwise this reverb sounds too edgy. This reverb is great at creating additional ambience.
Type: Echo/Delay Effect
Download URL: http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/tapedelay.php
Description: A very simple tape delay effect for creating that specific tape delay sound.
CompressionName: Rough Rider 2
Type: Compression Effect
Download URL: https://www.audiodamage.com/pages/free-downloads
Company: Audio Damage.
Description: Rough Rider 2 is a modern compressor with a bit of "vintage" style bite and a uniquely warm sound. Perfect for adding compression effects to your drum buss, it also sounds great with synth bass, clean guitar, and backing vocals. Definitely not an all-purpose compressor, Rough Rider 2 is at its best when used to add pump to rhythmic tracks.
Mastering and Gate EffectsName: Blue Cat's Triple EQ:
Type: Equalizer Effect
Download URL: http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_TripleEQ
Company: Blue Cat
Description: Blue Cat's Triple EQ is a 3 bands semi-parametric equalizer that can be controlled as a single filter with customizable shape. It includes a low shelf filter, a high shelf filter and a boost/cut peak filter. Its wide range of gain (+/-40 dB per band) and bandwidth (.01 to 5 Octave) makes it very versatile to create any filter shape. The three filters are linked together so that when you change the center frequency or the bandwidth, the parameters of the three filters are modified accordingly: you can control the entire equalizer characteristics with a single mouse click.
Other VST EffectsName: iZotope Vinyl
Type: vinyl effect
Download URL: http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/vinyl
Description: The ultimate lo-fi weapon, iZotope Vinyl uses 64-bit processing and advanced filtering, modeling and resampling to create authentic "vinyl" simulation, as if the audio were a record being played on a record player.
Name: KarmaFX Plugin Pack
Type: Reverb, Filter, Delay
Download URL: http://karmafx.net
Description: KarmaFX Plugin Pack is a collection of quality effect plugins that are small, simple and easy to use. Plugins that simply get the job done without too much knob tweaking.
How to download and use VST Effects in WavePad Sound Editor:
- Download one of the free VST effects from the above list. When you install these effects, you will need to specify a location on your computer to save them. It is normally a good idea to create a folder called "VST" and save all your VST effects there.
- Once you have downloaded and saved your VST plugin to your chosen VST folder, open WavePad and from the top Effects menu choose "VST Plugins."
- This will open the VST plugins window. The first field called "DLLs Folder" is the location where you saved your downloaded VST effects. You can browse for this location by clicking on the button with three dots on it or just type the path in directly. This will load the VSTs into the "VST Plugin" list.
- Use the drop down VST plugin list to select your VST plugin and click OK.
- Your VST plugin will open in WavePad. You can still edit your waveform, and do whatever you would normally do in WavePad, except now what you hear is being processed by the new VST effect.To save the effect, you need to click the "Apply" button on your effect. This will close the effect and save the audio with the new effect added.