Crescendo Music Notation Software
Music note writing and composing software
Compose, Play, and Print Beautiful Sheet Music
Create Sheet MusicPiano, choral, guitar & more
MIDI & VSTi PlaybackPiano, guitar & other instruments
Edit NotesAssign sharps, flats, slurs & more
Create TablatureWrite or convert an existing sheet
- Easy to compose for standard notation, tabs or percussion
- Arrange your own professional quality sheet music
- Compose music for a band, a score, or for fun
This program is perfect for composing original songs, guitar tabs, drum notation, music, scores and soundtracks, or you can try it with TwelveKeys music transcription software to transcribe music recordings and notate arrangements of your favorite music.
A simple and intuitive way to write musical notation or guitar tabs, Crescendo allows composers to write, save and print their music compositions on their computer.
The wide array of sheet music symbols, time and key signatures, along with a free-form layout, gives a composer optimum control over creating sheet music for their arrangements.
Get it Free
. A free version of Crescendo Music Notation Software is available for non-commercial use. If you will be using Crescendo at home you can download the free version here
Intuitive Music Writing Software
Music Notation Software Features
- Change the key signature and time signature
- Add whole, half, quarter, eighth, sixteenth and thirty-second notes and rests (semibreve to demisemiquaver)
- Create sheet music in Treble, Bass, Tenor or Alto Clefs
- Display note name in notes to help beginner musicians
- Write your own guitar tablature
- Use drum kits and templates to write percussion notation
- Assign sharp, flat and natural accidentals to notes
- Add ties and slurs across notes
- Create dotted notes, chords, add repeats, and more
Composing Program Features
- Keyboard shortcuts toggle between notes and rests
- Insert text to specify a title, tempo, dynamics or lyrics
- Drag notes to change their pitch or placement
- Copy, cut and paste measures to easily insert themes
- Zoom in and out for easier editing
- Brace staves together to compose scores for ensembles
Preview and Share Your Score
- Listen to your composition with MIDI playback, or export MIDI music files
- Export your score as PDF, MIDI, MP3, WAV, TGA, JPG, PNG & more
- Create and playback guitar tabs
- Supports VSTi instruments, such as piano or violin, for quality MIDI playback
- Print completed music projects to share
- Print blank music sheets for hand transcription
Smoothly add lyrics to your score with the Lyrics tool.
Crescendo makes it easy for composers and hobbyists to create musical scores using their keyboard and mouse. Simply select the Lyrics tool from the toolbar to the right of your score, then click to place the first lyric. Tab or space to move to the next lyric.
Try the built-in Transcriber tool to transcribe music recordings and notate arrangements of your favorite music.
Compose music for a single instrument, a band or an orchestra
Write your own percussion notation for drums & other percussion instruments
Quickly create your own guitar tablature for all guitar types & music styles
Whatever you like to jam on...
...compose your next hit with CrescendoDownload Now
Composing and arranging music is easy with Crescendo. Add notes, accidentals, ties, repeats and more. Utilize auto-formatting when placing, moving and deleting notes.
The streamlined, easy-to-use interface makes it easy for students to learn the art of composing and music notation. Add note names to notes to create music worksheets.
After completing your score, share it with others. Print your score or publish your score as a PDF, MIDI, MP3, WAV, TGA, JPG, PNG & more. Easily reformat to other page sizes.
"I am a professional choir/music director and I always use this program for last minute changes and adjustments to musical arrangements to musical pieces that would be impossible to find on line. Through this program I can make these changes easily and provide them to my choir without any issues and the program does not in any way diminish the beauty and quality of the original musical composer." - Karen Naja