Express Scribe Transcription Software
Foot Pedal Controlled Digital Transcription Audio Player
Express Scribe is professional audio player software for PC or Mac designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings.
A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with 'hot' keys). This transcribing software also offers valuable features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, playing video, file management, and more.
Get Express Scribe Free
The free version supports common audio formats, including wav, mp3, wma and dct. Download the free version of Express Scribe here. You can always upgrade to the professional version for proprietary format support, including dss, ds2 and mvf.
Purchase Pro Edition
More Transcription Software screenshots >>>
Transcription Software Features
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch)
- Supports audio and video playback
- Plays most formats including encrypted dictation files. See supported file formats
- Supports professional USB foot pedals to control playback. See supported professional foot pedal controllers
- Uses 'hotkeys' to control playback when transcribing into other software (e.g., Word)
- Dock both analog and digital portable voice recorders to load recordings
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processors
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network
- Automatically sends typing to those who dictated the work
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text
- Load CD audio directly and start working as the audio loads
- Works with FastFox text expander for entering medical/legal phrases and common phrases with keyboard shortcuts
Professional Foot Pedals
Increase your words per minute by giving your feet control of playback, leaving your fingers free to type.
The pedals are "plug and play" which make them easy to install and use. There are three controls which are usually set up for rewind, play/pause and fast-forward.
Express Scribe has been designed to work with professional foot pedals to help improve your transcription turn-around and increase productivity.
Transcription foot pedals are suitable for both Windows and Mac OS X.
|AltoEdge Foot Pedals|
|Non-AltoEdge Foot Pedals (e.g. VEC, Vpedal, etc.)|| |
|DCT (encrypted dictation)|
MP3, WAV, WMA, AIFF, MP2, VOX
DSS (Digital Speech Standard) and DS2 (DSS Pro)
|Sony Recorder formats (msv, dvf)|| |
|Philips, Grundig, Olympus digital recorder formats|| |
|Video Playback (AVI, MOV, WMV and many more)|| |
|Home Use / Small Business Use Licenses|
|Corporate / Enterprise / Government License|| |
|Technical Support Available|| |