Express Scribe Transcription Software
Foot Pedal Controlled Digital Transcription Audio Player
Express Scribe is professional audio player software for PC or Mac designed to help transcribe audio recordings.
A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with 'hot' keys). Additional valuable transcribing software features include variable speed playback, multi-channel control, a video player, file management, and more.
More Transcription Software screenshots >>>
Transcription Software Features
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch)
- Supports audio and video playback
- Plays most formats including encrypted dictation files. Supported file formats
- Supports professional USB foot pedals to control playback. Supported professional foot pedal controllers
- Uses 'hotkeys' to control playback when transcribing into other software (e.g., Word)
- Dock both analog and digital portable voice recorders to load recordings
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processors
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network
- Automatically sends typing to those who dictated the work
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text
- Load CD audio directly and start working as the audio loads
- Works with FastFox text expander for entering medical/legal phrases and common phrases with keyboard shortcuts
Professional Foot PedalsIncrease your words per minute by giving your feet control of playback, leaving your fingers free to type.
The pedals are "plug and play" which make them easy to install and use. There are three controls which are usually set up for rewind, play/pause and fast-forward.Express Scribe has been designed to work with professional foot pedals to help improve your transcription turn-around and increase productivity.
Transcription foot pedals are suitable for both Windows and Mac OS X.
|AltoEdge Foot Pedals|
|Non-AltoEdge Foot Pedals (e.g. VEC, Vpedal, etc.)|| |
|DCT (encrypted dictation)|
MP3, WAV, WMA, AIFF, MP2, VOX
|DSS (Digital Speech Standard)|| |
|Sony Recorder formats (msv, dvf)|| |
|Philips, Grundig, Olympus digital recorder formats|| |
|Video Playback (AVI, MOV, WMV and many more)|| |
|Home Use / Small Business Use Licenses|
|Corporate / Enterprise / Government License|| |
|Technical Support Available|| |
Automatically send and receive filesYou can set the option in Express Scribe to automatically check an FTP server, local network or computer folder for new dictations at timed intervals.
It will automatically load new dictations found in the specified path, speeding up your work-flow.
Works with Word and other text editorsIf you prefer to type your transcriptions into a word processor, Express Scribe will run in the background while you use hot-keys or a footpedal to control it.
Microsoft Word, Corel Wordperfect, Lotus Wordpro and any other Windows word processor can be used.