Express Scribe Transcription Software
Foot Pedal Controlled Digital Transcription Audio Player
Variable Speed PlaybackSet the speed that works for you
Foot Pedal ControlUse with professional controllers
Hot KeysUse for mouse-free playback
Works with Other SoftwareType in your favorite word processor
Supported FormatsSupports audio and video playback
Automatic File ManagementLoad dictations and send transcriptions
Express Scribe is professional audio player software for PC or Mac designed to help transcribe audio recordings.
Reduce your turn around time using Express Scribe’s audio playback with keyboard hot keys or by installing one of the supported transcribing pedals. Additional valuable transcribing software features include variable speed playback, multi-channel control, a video player, file management, and more.
More Transcription Software screenshots >>>
Transcription Software Features
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch)
- Supports audio and video playback
- Plays most formats including encrypted dictation files. Supported file formats
- Use ‘hotkeys’ for mouse-free playback when transcribing directly into Word or other software
Improve Work Flow
- Dock both analog and digital portable voice recorders to load recordings
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network
- Automatically have finished transcriptions sent to your clients from the program
- Load CD audio directly and start working as the audio loads
Works with Other Software & Hardware
- Supports professional USB foot pedals to control playback. Supported professional foot pedal controllers
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processors
- Works with FastFox text expander for entering medical/legal phrases and common phrases with keyboard shortcuts
Professional Foot PedalsIncrease your words per minute by giving your feet control of playback, leaving your fingers free to type.
The pedals are "plug and play" which make them easy to install and use. There are three controls which are usually set up for rewind, play/pause and fast-forward.Express Scribe has been designed to work with professional foot pedals to help improve your transcription turn-around and increase productivity.
Transcription foot pedals are suitable for both Windows and Mac OS X.
Automatically send and receive filesYou can set the option in Express Scribe to automatically check an FTP server, local network or computer folder for new dictations at timed intervals.
It will automatically load new dictations found in the specified path, speeding up your work-flow.
Works with Word and other text editorsIf you prefer to type your transcriptions into a word processor, Express Scribe will run in the background while you use hot-keys or a footpedal to control it.
Microsoft Word, Corel Wordperfect, Lotus Wordpro and any other Windows word processor can be used.
What is Express Scribe for?